How a website ranks on the search engine results page is a direct result of a variety of Website Relevancy Factors. There are numerous factors that effect a website's relevancy within search engine results, but for the sake of brevity, we've highlighted 10 positive factors that can effect your website’s ability to be ranked higher on search engines.
- Matching keywords within the Title Tag.
- Matching keywords within the META Description Tag.
- Matching keywords within the page filenames.
- Matching keywords within the URL.
- Matching keywords within the image filenames.
- Matching keywords within the text links.
- Matching keywords within the page headings and sub-headings.
- The Age of the site.
- Domain Ownership History.
- The number of internal/external links to the page.
The factors listed here are just a few among several, and there are TONS of resources on the web where you can learn more on this topic, or you can Contact Us and let us do the work. A great resource on this topic would be: Search Engine Optimization All-in-One For Dummies by Bruce Clay and Susan Esparza. It’s a really great 10-in-1 book that gets into just about everything you need to know, and it gets into the finer points of search engine marketing, and it also includes a $25 gift card for trying out Google AdWords.
How Many of These Factors Do You Have?
Contact Us and let us review your site.